Sunday, August 16, 2009

Girl Week




This past week was has been officially dubbed Girl Week by the men of the Northwest Pughs. JR and I had business (see below) to take care of this week and he decided to bring Karen and the girls up for a visit. Our boy's had a great time playing with what they call the "girl cousins" for a couple of days. There was lot's of playing in the fort in the forest, Wii games, and great meals at Ruby's and Red Robin. It was really fun to see them all get along so well and we can't wait until the next time we get together.



Tajee and Karen also had a great time. They got a babysitter one day and were able to have an afternoon out without the kids. Off to the beauty shop for a mani-pedi followed up with a little shopping. I'm not sure JR and I can afford to get these two together very often, but when we do they sure have fun.

JR and I also had a "girl" experience this week as well. Part of the "business" that I mentioned earlier was to play in a charity golf tournament with Russ and our banker. This tournament raises scholarship dollars for local high schoolers who played varsity golf. As part of the tournament each foursome was paired with a junior golfer. Our playing partner was 15 year sophomore from Decatur High named Amanda. This is our second year in a row playing with Amanda and she let us know that she had really improved her game over the year and has gone from a 6 to a 4 handicap. Yes, a 15 year old girl with a 4 handicap!!!! Watching her play was amazing and she pretty much carried our team. JR out drove her twice but other than that she was the long drive on pretty much every hole. Between the JR pressure (very similar to brother pressure), country club pressure (Twin Lakes CC), 15 year old girl who is kicking my butt pressure, and the banker pressure I was pretty much a wreck. I couldn't find the fairway if my life depended on it. I think I'm going to start playing tennis.



(Not my actual club but I really wanted to do this. That's one of the good things about playing with a 15 year old girl. It kept me from swearing (loudly) or throwing clubs. I hate this game).


2 comments:

teamZ said...

We had a great time. The girls have been telling all their cousins down here about Curtis and Trevor "who are your cousins too". Hope to be able to repeat soon, if you can afford it. Tajee and I like to live it up together.

Anonymous said...

裸聊视讯 , 裸聊视讯 , 裸聊视讯 , 裸聊视讯 , 裸聊视讯 , 裸聊视讯 , 裸聊视讯 , 裸聊视讯 , 裸聊视讯 , 裸聊视讯