Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Great Wolf Lodge... the poor man's Disneyland



Well, its spring break time and in light of the current economic situation we decided to forgo a trip to Disneyland or Hawaii. We thought we'd take a quicker less expensive trip to The Great Wolf Lodge, a new resort which is located in beautiful Chehalis Washington. Great Wolf Lodge has a huge indoor water park which is perfect for us North Westerners. They keep the park at a balmy 85 degrees and you don't have to worry about getting a sun burn. This is key for those of us that haven't seen the sun in the past 6 months. We had a great time riding the slides, playing in the wave pool, shooting hoops in the pool, and basically spending two days in the faux wet and warm weather.


The boys also had a great time in our "Kid Kamp" room. Essentially they had a separate room, within our room, with bunk beds, their own TV, and a Nintendo Game Cube. Other than fighting over the top bunk they had a great time. It was also nice for Mom and Dad to have a little privacy. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean.



The only downfall of the trip was the clientele of the hotel. Now I know that I'm going to sound like an elitist but I don't think there were many people from our zip code at the hotel. I'm guessing that the Great Wolf Lodge is more of Kent or Auburn family destination. Let's put it this way, when I'm the physically fit guy at the pool and the only one without a Harley Davidson tat and a beer in hand, you know you are with a bunch of rednecks. It reminded me of saying Grandpa Bob used to say. "I wonder what the poor people are doing" Well, now I know. One more reason to go back to work and put in a few more hours. Mickey Mouse, I hope you'll welcome us back.

2 comments:

teamZ said...

Don't let JR read this. I still want to go there sometime. Hopefully, not during Spring Break. Maybe the other guest will not so scary when we go, then again I do live in The Couve.

Anonymous said...

The only thing I could think of when I read your post was cousin Eddy: " I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper... it seems to work just fine by itself." I can't wait to hear about your next vacation to the monster truck pull or professional wrestling. Jim